Friday, November 21, 2008

Household Updates

Lots of things have been going on in our household lately.

For our Christmas Gift from my parents (Kathy and Ed), they paid to have the outside of our house painted. What a wonderful gift! I chose to have the trim and siding painted in a pretty creme Organza color. I really love it! I also had the front door painted a pretty shade of green. It used to be a more Christmasy green and now it is a lighter, more modern green. The house looks great! Its amazing what a coat of paint will do! It makes it look like a new house!

We put our Christmas tree up this week. We bought a new tree from Garden Ridge. We sold the tree that we previously had in our garage sale before we moved. We bought a 7 1/2 foot pre-lit tree with colored lights. It looks really nice in our living room. I have spent all week decorating the tree. In the past I have always used white lights and all silver decorations. Now I have decided to make it a fun, family, colorful tree with all different family ornaments. My mom got out some of my ornaments from my childhood and I put some of them on there. Plus, I put all of the ornaments that Aaron and I have collected since we have gotten married. The only thing missing is an angel for the top of the tree. We had a white and silver angel, but since our tree now has colored lights, our angel does not match. I will be looking for a new angel that is bright and beautiful and will look great on the top of our tree. I am sure I will find something I like, its just a matter of getting to the store to pick it out!

We will spend this Sunday doing an early Thanksgiving with my side of the family. We will spend the actual Thanksgiving Day with Aaron's side of the family. For the past 10 years or so, I have spent Thanksgiving at the Dallas Cowboys game. My students always perform at the halftime. This year, one of my company instructors will be taking the girls to the game for me. Since I have Sawyer now, I really want to spend his first Thanksgiving with him. When he gets older, we can probably take him to the Cowboys game with us. I will be bringing him to Texas Stadium on Wednesday to the halftime rehearsal. I have several friends that are Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and I want to get his picture taken with them. Hopefully the weather will be nice and it wont be too cold.

Well, we hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are thankful for everything we have, especially our wonderful baby boy. He makes every day wonderful.

No comments: